2 New Beauty Looks to Try This Fall, Courtesy of Emily Weiss From Into the Gloss
News related: into the gloss
Dreaming of new fall outfits? You need a new beauty plan, too! It Girl beauty blogger Emily Weiss shows you how to kill it head to toe.
The 27-year-old Weiss snoops in the makeup drawers of the fashion elite for her addictive beauty site, Into the Gloss. Now raid her stash and see what she’s wearing with two of fall’s biggest styles.
The fall trend: ladylike leather
Dress, Porter Grey; skirt (worn over dress), Derek Lam; clutch, Alexander Wang; heels, Proenza Schouler.
"This sleek, sexy, minimalist leather look is such a cool trend for fall,” says Weiss. It makes a strong statement, so your makeup should too.”
The beauty look: dark lips and an undone updo
Tom Ford Lip Color in Violet Fatale, , nordstrom.com
“I like leather with a dark berry lip and an imperfect updo. They let a feminine silhouette become edgy.”
Products you'll need...
Redken Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist, , redken.com for salons, Dolce & Gabbana Secret Eyes Mascara in Black, , saks.com
Weiss loves shine spray. And balance those lips with strong lashes.
The fall trend: the hippie look
Jacket, pants, boots, Isabel Marant.
“This is my dream weekend outfit!” says Weiss.
The beauty look: Heidi braids and rosy cheeks
“When you wear lots of texture like this, a roughed-up braid across the hairline is the perfect accent. It’s coolest when it feels effortless.” Add some body pre-braiding with surf spray to give your hair more grip. And wear the look with a rosy blush that can double as eyeshadow and lip stain. Then tap lip balm on cheekbones for glow.
Products you'll need...
Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, , bumbleandbumble.com. Perfect on cheeks, eyes, and lips: Stila Convertible Color in Poppy, , nordstrom.com, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant Fragrance Free, , lordandtaylor.com
Try Weiss’s “all-time favorite texture booster.”
Which of these fall beauty looks do you prefer? What beauty trends are you excited to try this season?
Photos: Weiss, Frances Tulk-Hart, Stills, Cathy Crawford
- Lena Dunham Stands Up for Non-stick Thighs Everywhere (09/10/2012)
- Rihanna gets Nude for her new perfume (09/10/2012)
- Would You Get A Fish Pedicure? Mena Suvari Gets Her Toes Done At Topshop (08/10/2012)
- Katy Perry gets patriotic with Barack Obama nail art (08/10/2012)
- Is It Rude to Call Someone Full-Figured? (08/10/2012)
- Britney Spears stars in Fantasy Twist advert, looks awesome (08/10/2012)
- How to Use Body Language to Your Advantage (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried Makes Purple Lips Look Good And a "Beauty Broker" Profile Gets Ugly in Alluring Links (05/10/2012)
- Allure Man Conquers Gray Hair—Down There (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried's Dark Purple Lipstick: Is it a Do or Don't? (04/10/2012)
- Victoria Beckham hearts Anthropologie Royal Apothic Hand Cream (04/10/2012)
- 3 Glam Hairstyles on Nina Dobrev (Which One is Your Fave?) (04/10/2012)
- Are You a Pathological Groomer? (04/10/2012)
- Kristin Cavallari Reveals Her Post-Baby Beauty Secrets (03/10/2012)
- Ke$ha's Back! Let's Get Dirty. (03/10/2012)
- 59 Reasons We Don't Want To See Aughts Footwear Again (03/08/2012)
- Jessica Biel does nail art: check out her half moon manicure (03/08/2012)
- Whoa. Are Beauty Bloggers Celebrities Now? (02/08/2012)
- View From the Beauty Closet: Burning (Wo)man (02/08/2012)
- Poll: What's Your Favorite Hairstyle On Solange Knowles? (02/08/2012)
- Which Shoe Makes Your Legs Look Longer? (02/08/2012)
- It's Also the Beauty Olympics! (01/08/2012)
- Yves Saint Laurent's Always Stylish Friends (01/08/2012)
- Check out Blake Lively's Gucci Premiere advert (01/08/2012)
- How To Get Full Lips Without Looking Like A Clown (01/08/2012)
- Here's How to Get Brilliant Bouncy Curls Like Kelly Rowland's (01/08/2012)
- Hilary Rhoda Looks Pristine In White (01/08/2012)
- Instagram Makeover, Anyone? (31/07/2012)
- Perfect your brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills for a polished look (31/07/2012)
- View From the Beauty Closet: Viking Beauty Saga (31/07/2012)