Back-to-School Beauty: My Checklist
Time to sharpen your eye pencils!
When I was in school, there was nothing better than a trip to the mall for back-to-school clothes. Hell, even a Staples run was thrilling.
Even now, restocking after a long summer and makes me feel so together. I'm mostly referring to, of course, my makeup bag.
Here's what my B-T-S beauty kit looks like:
Bliss Get Out of Hair! Call me lazy, but I don't shave as much in the fall as I do in the summer and I won't have to with this hair-minimizing body lotion. Its gentle willow bark complex not only keeps visible fuzz at bay, it also fights ingrown hairs.
Trisha Sawyer Alive! Part moisturizer, part bronzer, this glow giver wakes up skin so naturally, that it's sure to inspire office envy. It gives such a pretty, dewy sheen, and can be used on your face and body.
Burn Asian Pear Persimmon Candle. I like to arrange my home scents every season to keep the chi evolving. This earthy-yet-fruity candle is my pick for this fall.
Shu Uemura False Eyelashes in Flare. Let's set some goals for the new school year: First up master the art of eyelash application. These small clusters of individual lashes (you might remember them from my recent post about my yoga instructor) make such a difference in your appearance that it's criminal. This is the year I'll learn to apply them with complete confidence.
Ava M.D. Radical Departure. There's nothing like a fresh face to start the season off right, and Santa Monica derm Ava Shamban is certainly an authority on the topic. Her four-product skincare regimen (a cleanser, antioxidant mist, AHA/BHA lotion and retinoid serum) has everything you need to get your skin glowing in just two weeks.
Just thinking of lining up all of these freshly-unpacked goodies on my bathroom counter gives me chills. How about you? What's on your back-to-school beauty list?
- Lena Dunham Stands Up for Non-stick Thighs Everywhere (09/10/2012)
- Rihanna gets Nude for her new perfume (09/10/2012)
- Would You Get A Fish Pedicure? Mena Suvari Gets Her Toes Done At Topshop (08/10/2012)
- Katy Perry gets patriotic with Barack Obama nail art (08/10/2012)
- Is It Rude to Call Someone Full-Figured? (08/10/2012)
- Britney Spears stars in Fantasy Twist advert, looks awesome (08/10/2012)
- How to Use Body Language to Your Advantage (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried Makes Purple Lips Look Good And a "Beauty Broker" Profile Gets Ugly in Alluring Links (05/10/2012)
- Allure Man Conquers Gray Hair—Down There (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried's Dark Purple Lipstick: Is it a Do or Don't? (04/10/2012)
- Victoria Beckham hearts Anthropologie Royal Apothic Hand Cream (04/10/2012)
- 3 Glam Hairstyles on Nina Dobrev (Which One is Your Fave?) (04/10/2012)
- Are You a Pathological Groomer? (04/10/2012)
- Kristin Cavallari Reveals Her Post-Baby Beauty Secrets (03/10/2012)
- Ke$ha's Back! Let's Get Dirty. (03/10/2012)
- Hey, Angie! Here's Five Legal Ways To Chillax (28/04/2012)
- The Best Self-Tanners (28/04/2012)
- Detox Foot Pads (28/04/2012)
- Beauty Fixes on the Cheap (28/04/2012)
- Linda Mason's Eye Candy: Inspiration Overload (28/04/2012)
- Save Your Lips From the Sun (28/04/2012)
- Five Great Products for Putting a Spring in Your Step (28/04/2012)
- Grade-A Papers: Boscia Rose Blotting Linens (28/04/2012)
- Alluring Links: Bollywood Beauty Tips and The Hidden Cost of Tanning Addiction (28/04/2012)
- Why Do You Post Photos on Facebook? (28/04/2012)
- Alluring Links: Should Beauty Procedures Have Their Own Age of Consent? (28/04/2012)
- Alluring Links: Rihanna is Our Hair Color Inspiration and Keira Knightley's a Tease (28/04/2012)
- Would You Take Beauty Tips From Al-Qaeda? (28/04/2012)
- Who's Your Beauty Ideal? (27/04/2012)
- Alluring Links: Gaga Buys the Runway and How to Fake 8 Hours of Sleep (27/04/2012)