Confessions Of A Hair Removal Cream Addict
News related: Hair Removal Cream
Showing off my legs after using Nair. Courtesy Photo.
I picked up my first bottle of hair removal cream before my middle school's cheerleading squad tryouts. Because, let's be honest, hair stubble and cartwheels don't exactly go hand-in-hand. So, I stretched my legs across the bathroom vanity and smoothed on the cold, pink cream. Ten minutes later, I wiped away hundreds of tiny hairs and lined up with the rest of the pom-pom shorts-wearing girls. Without a doubt my strong voice, smile and stunts helped me to make the team, however, my bare brown gams were the buzz at the judges' table.
Since hanging up my cheerleading uniform, I've experimented with shaving (nicks and cuts...ouch!) and waxing (there is no greater pain). Yet, I've always returned to hair removal creams. Here are three reasons why:
I can get the job done all by myself. There's only a few people in this world who I believe should be allowed "down there," and one of them has the letters "MD" or "OB/GYN" after their last name. While there are certain hair removal duties I leave up to an aesthetician, the ease and simplicity of Nair, Veet and Sally Hansen depilatory creams allow me to take control. And do a pretty good damn job, if I do say so myself.
I am hair-free for at least two weeks. Whenever I reached for the razor and shaving gel, stubble would resurface within three days. Who wants to deal with that during bikini season? So, I became addicted to using hair removal creams after noticing that the results lasted longer. How's two weeks of smoothness?
It stinks, but my legs are smooth and super shiny. I'd be crazy not to admit that the "boiling egg" stench that most hair removal creams have doesn't bother me. However, my routine includes isolating myself to my shower, thus containing the powerful smell. And then allowing a combination of melon-scented candles and fresh air to get my apartment back to normal. Also, many of the formulas contain moisturizing ingredients like cocoa butter, aloe and baby oil, leaving my limbs luminous.
What's your hair removal method preference? Sound off in our poll below.
Meanwhile, find out what happened when our editor tried at-home bikini waxing.
Want more? Be sure to check out Stylelist on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and Pinterest.
Use hair removal creams. It's easy and painless.
Shave. I'm swift with the razor.
Wax. This gives me the best, long-lasting results.
Share your vote on Facebook so your friends can take this poll
- Lena Dunham Stands Up for Non-stick Thighs Everywhere (09/10/2012)
- Rihanna gets Nude for her new perfume (09/10/2012)
- Would You Get A Fish Pedicure? Mena Suvari Gets Her Toes Done At Topshop (08/10/2012)
- Katy Perry gets patriotic with Barack Obama nail art (08/10/2012)
- Is It Rude to Call Someone Full-Figured? (08/10/2012)
- Britney Spears stars in Fantasy Twist advert, looks awesome (08/10/2012)
- How to Use Body Language to Your Advantage (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried Makes Purple Lips Look Good And a "Beauty Broker" Profile Gets Ugly in Alluring Links (05/10/2012)
- Allure Man Conquers Gray Hair—Down There (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried's Dark Purple Lipstick: Is it a Do or Don't? (04/10/2012)
- Victoria Beckham hearts Anthropologie Royal Apothic Hand Cream (04/10/2012)
- 3 Glam Hairstyles on Nina Dobrev (Which One is Your Fave?) (04/10/2012)
- Are You a Pathological Groomer? (04/10/2012)
- Kristin Cavallari Reveals Her Post-Baby Beauty Secrets (03/10/2012)
- Ke$ha's Back! Let's Get Dirty. (03/10/2012)
- Get Carla Bruni's '90s Beatnik Look (24/05/2012)
- Look Of The Day: Liu Wen Shines In Cannes (24/05/2012)
- I Went Ombre And My Mom Didn't Even Cry (23/05/2012)
- 14 Melt-Proof Makeup Essentials To Keep Your Cool (23/05/2012)
- Georgia May Jagger Is The New Face Of Material Girl (23/05/2012)
- PHOTOS: 'Before They Were Famous' Soap Opera Hair (23/05/2012)
- Two Amazing Summer Sweepstakes: Win Concert Tickets, A Makeover, A Shopping Spree & More! (23/05/2012)
- Poll: Share Your Favorite YouTube Beauty Video With Us! (23/05/2012)
- Kirsten Dunst's fairytale plaited updo for Cannes (23/05/2012)
- 8 Foods That Can Be Used As Beauty Products (23/05/2012)
- Why I Slept Like This For 7 Days (23/05/2012)
- WATCH: A Surprisingly Gorgeous Rainy Day Hair Fix (23/05/2012)
- When Sarah Ferguson Was Hip (23/05/2012)
- Look Of The Day: K-Stew Lightens Up In A Summery Ensemble (23/05/2012)
- Nicole Richie does sixties glam at the Fifi awards (23/05/2012)