Get The Look: Naomi Watts' Glowing Skin
News related: Naomi Watts
Photo: Stuart Wilson/Getty Images
Summer is in the air and we can't wait to get rid of our pasty winter complexions. For many of us, that means catching some sun (covered in SPF, of course!), but for fair-skinned gals, that could be a problem. If you're not inclined to get a spray tan, we suggest you take some tips from Naomi Watts, who had glowing summer skin at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards this week. Here's how you can create the star's fabulous skin:
How To Create Kate Middleton's Braided Updo
What You Need:
Foundation or tinted moisturizer
Sheer finishing powder
Step 1: Even out your skin tone with foundation or tinted moisturizer using a color that matches your natural tone exactly. Be sure to get it beneath your eyes and chin too.
Step 2: Dust a mineral powder, like MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (, Maccosmetics.com), all over your face, concentrating on your t-zone and other oily spots. This will help set your foundation and neutralize any shininess you may have left over.
Make Waves With Summer Color
Step 3: Pinch your cheeks to find your perfect flush color, then select a blush that most resembles that shade. We recommend something with a little shimmer, like LancÃ´me Blush Subtil Shimmer-Delicate Oil-Free Powder Blush (, Nordstrom.com), to get that healthy summer glow. Start by dusting the blush lightly across your cheekbone, up toward your temples. But don't go too far by reaching your hairline--you want it to look as natural as possible.
Step 4: Next, choose a bronzer with warm gold undertones and a hint of shimmer, like Physicians Formula Baked Bronzer Bronzing & Shimmery Face Powder (, Physiciansformula.com), and dust a little beneath the blush to emphasize cheekbones. For more radiance, apply some over your nose and lightly along your hairline too.
How To Get Sexy Summer Legs
Step 5: Finally, complete the look by applying a finishing powder all over, like Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder (, Neimanmarcus.com). This does two things: sets your makeup and evens skin tone, in case you've applied too much blush somewhere.
There are many variations to getting a healthy summer glow--you could always try bronzing mousse for the day or a cheek and lip stain to give you more of a sun-kissed look. But for nighttime? We love just a little color on the cheeks, like Naomi's, to warm the face and make room for bolder lips and eyes.
Tags: Naomi Watts
- Don't Like Your Upper Arms? There's Now a Cream For That—And It's Selling out in the UK (09/10/2012)
- Little Mix team up with Clean & Clear (04/10/2012)
- How Many Of You Are Totally On Top Of This Skincare Trend And Didn't Even Know It? (03/10/2012)
- Kristen Stewart dishes on her skin care regime (28/09/2012)
- Philosophy's 2012 Christmas offerings (28/09/2012)
- Your Fall Skincare Guide (21/09/2012)
- How To Cure Your Puffy, Allergy-Besieged Face (20/09/2012)
- What to Do When You See Your First Wrinkle (First Step: Calm Down) (20/09/2012)
- How To Look More Wide-Awake Tomorrow Morning (05/09/2012)
- Keep Your Décolletage Wrinkle-Free... With This? (05/09/2012)
- How to Make Every Kind of Zit Disappear (29/08/2012)
- Will Sipping A Straw Make You Look Older? (28/08/2012)
- The Best Beauty Products You've Probably Never Heard Of (24/08/2012)
- Are You Walking Around With Dead Skin? (24/08/2012)
- The Best (And Cheapest) Thing You Can Do For Your Skin (24/08/2012)
- Poll: What's Really Holding You Back From Seeing a Dermatologist? (31/05/2012)
- Confession: I Suffer From Celebrity Skin Envy. Do You? (31/05/2012)
- Could This Sling Actually Replace The 00 Facelift? (30/05/2012)
- Editors' Summer Favorites (29/05/2012)
- Celebrate the Jubilee with a free Royal Hand Treatment at Clarins (29/05/2012)
- The Weekly Gloss-Over: All About Winners (25/05/2012)
- Happy "Don't Fry Friday"! (25/05/2012)
- Quick Beauty Moves That'll Make You Feel More Confident in a Bikini (Or Just Plain Naked!) This Weekend (25/05/2012)
- What to Expect When You're Getting a Skin-Cancer Screening (24/05/2012)
- Got Bangs? 3 Ways to Avoid Unwanted Forehead Acne (24/05/2012)
- The Surprisingly Easy Way to Banish Dry Spots on the Spot (24/05/2012)
- Want Perfect Skin This Summer? Make Sure You're Doing These 3 Things (24/05/2012)
- Victoria Beckham's sheep placenta facial (sounds disgusting) (24/05/2012)
- The SPF Level You Should Actually Be Wearing (22/05/2012)
- Best Summer Beauty Bargin Buys (18/05/2012)