How to Treat Tired Eyes
Sure, it's the summer the time of year when most of us get a chance to escape on vacation or at least spend our weekends relaxing on the beach. But it's also the time of year for back-to-back weddings, long car trips, and one too many happy hour margaritas. I might be speaking from personal experience here, but all those factors combined equal dark circles and serious bags. Here are the tricks, tips, and products I use to keep my eyes bright (and open) after a long night out.
Chill out. My favorite cooling eye gel is from Skyn Iceland. I lay the mini masks under my eyes the minute I get out of the shower and leave them on while I make my bed and get dressed. After about five minutes all the puffiness is gone.
Get caffeinated. An eye cream that contains caffeine or vitamin K strengthen the blood vessels and reduces puffiness. I love Clinique All About Eyes.
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. I am obsessed with Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye (and not just because the name sounds so soothing). The lightweight cream works to moisturize and depuff tired eyes while you sleep. I keep the tube right by my nightstand so I never forget to put it in.
Make friends with beige eye liner. Before applying your makeup, line the inside of your eyes with a beige pencil. It brightens the whites in a very natural-looking way. Try the Jouer Cosmetics Eye Clarifier.
Daily Beauty Reporter: Cool Down With Frozen Skin Care Pops
Daily Beauty Reporter: Happy 20th Birthday, Touche Éclat!
Daily Beauty Reporter: Bumped and Bruised? How to Cover Summer Scrapes Quick
PHOTO: GREG KADEL
Tags: Clinique, Jouer, Kiehl's, Skyn Iceland, best eye creams, eye creams
- Don't Like Your Upper Arms? There's Now a Cream For That—And It's Selling out in the UK (09/10/2012)
- Little Mix team up with Clean & Clear (04/10/2012)
- How Many Of You Are Totally On Top Of This Skincare Trend And Didn't Even Know It? (03/10/2012)
- Kristen Stewart dishes on her skin care regime (28/09/2012)
- Philosophy's 2012 Christmas offerings (28/09/2012)
- Your Fall Skincare Guide (21/09/2012)
- How To Cure Your Puffy, Allergy-Besieged Face (20/09/2012)
- What to Do When You See Your First Wrinkle (First Step: Calm Down) (20/09/2012)
- How To Look More Wide-Awake Tomorrow Morning (05/09/2012)
- Keep Your Décolletage Wrinkle-Free... With This? (05/09/2012)
- How to Make Every Kind of Zit Disappear (29/08/2012)
- Will Sipping A Straw Make You Look Older? (28/08/2012)
- The Best Beauty Products You've Probably Never Heard Of (24/08/2012)
- Are You Walking Around With Dead Skin? (24/08/2012)
- The Best (And Cheapest) Thing You Can Do For Your Skin (24/08/2012)
- Stem-Cell Face Cream: Are U Worth It? (25/07/2012)
- Spotted: An African Beauty Treasure Trove (24/07/2012)
- How To Get Glowing Summer Skin (22/07/2012)
- Do Natural Deodorants Work? Our Editors Find Out (21/07/2012)
- Shiffa's 1001 Roses Milk Bath (21/07/2012)
- The Product That Is Keeping My Skin From Being a Big Ol' Shiny Mess This Summer (18/07/2012)
- A Fast, Affordable Way To Fight Acne (18/07/2012)
- Spare Your Feet From The 'Summer Spread' (13/07/2012)
- Could Chocolate Replace Sunscreen? (13/07/2012)
- My Routine: Associate Editor, Megan Segura (13/07/2012)
- The Summer Of The Mosquito (And What To Do About It) (11/07/2012)
- Is It Possible To Shrink Pores? A Top Derm Clears It Up For Us (11/07/2012)
- Been Out In The Sun Too Long? Read This (11/07/2012)
- Why This 24-Year-Old Gets Botox Injections And Lip Filler (11/07/2012)
- Everything You Needed To Know About Coconut Oil But Were Afraid To Ask (11/07/2012)