In Which Marc Jacobs and Brad Goreski Talk Beauty (and Cupcakes)
News related: brad goreski
Beauty-talk time! Every woman's fashion idol, Marc Jacobs, chats with stylist and Bravo reality star Brad Goreski about cross-dressing, dessert, and Jacobs' new scent, Dot.
P.S. Marc, your brows are kind of amazing.
Brad Goreski: So, what's your beauty routine?
Marc Jacobs: Well, I wake up, have a double espresso and a cigarette, then I shower, trim my beard, shave, put gel in my hair, put on [my men's cologne] Bang, and decide which skirt to wear.
BG: Ha! Would you say that Dot can be worn by men?
MJ: It can be worn by anyone. I wear women's fragrances sometimes. Obviously, I'm not the one who has this distinction between masculine and feminine.
Dot Marc Jacobs Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz., , bloomingdales.com
BG: And about the body that's become as famous as your designs. Are you in the gym two hours a day?
MJ: Yeah. I was just there for two hours. But I don't feel badly if I pass by a pastry shop and indulge in a cupcake or three.
BG: How did you decide to wear a black lace dress to the Met Ball [below]?
MJ: It wasn't super pre-meditated. I had my tuxedo ready to go!
BG: I think it's going to go down in history as one of those iconic dresses.
MJ: I thought the white boxers would kind of make it black-tie. It was a good moment. I had a better time for it. I think people should enjoy fashion. I'm going to enjoy myself. I don't have to tell you, because I know you do too.
BG: I do. I try.
MJ: We do!
Just 3 Ways We Relate to Marc:
1. He's into steals too.
"I'm fond of the mascara applicator on this Tweezerman Browmousse." (, beauty.com)
2. He rocks a dress!
"I don't concern myself with good taste or bad taste when I get dressed. Convention to me is just boredom!"
3. He babies his skin.
"I use all my Joëlle Ciocco products every morning." (Joëlle Ciocco Cerat oil, 9, Isabelle Bellis, 212-966-3262)
So, what do you think of Marc's beauty routine? Are you a fan of his fragrances? Dish in the comments!
Photo credit: Stills, Cathy Crawford. Jacobs (from top), Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images; Getty Images.
- Lena Dunham Stands Up for Non-stick Thighs Everywhere (09/10/2012)
- Rihanna gets Nude for her new perfume (09/10/2012)
- Would You Get A Fish Pedicure? Mena Suvari Gets Her Toes Done At Topshop (08/10/2012)
- Katy Perry gets patriotic with Barack Obama nail art (08/10/2012)
- Is It Rude to Call Someone Full-Figured? (08/10/2012)
- Britney Spears stars in Fantasy Twist advert, looks awesome (08/10/2012)
- How to Use Body Language to Your Advantage (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried Makes Purple Lips Look Good And a "Beauty Broker" Profile Gets Ugly in Alluring Links (05/10/2012)
- Allure Man Conquers Gray Hair—Down There (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried's Dark Purple Lipstick: Is it a Do or Don't? (04/10/2012)
- Victoria Beckham hearts Anthropologie Royal Apothic Hand Cream (04/10/2012)
- 3 Glam Hairstyles on Nina Dobrev (Which One is Your Fave?) (04/10/2012)
- Are You a Pathological Groomer? (04/10/2012)
- Kristin Cavallari Reveals Her Post-Baby Beauty Secrets (03/10/2012)
- Ke$ha's Back! Let's Get Dirty. (03/10/2012)
- The Look We Love: Azealia Banks in the "Van Vogue" Video (15/08/2012)
- Fake Fuller Lashes With This (Really Cool) Eyeliner (15/08/2012)
- Airbrush Makeup for Dummies (15/08/2012)
- See Loni Anderson's Blonde 'Do Grow Bigger & Bigger (15/08/2012)
- Guess what nail polish Millie Mackintosh is wearing here (15/08/2012)
- Janelle Monáe & More Of Our Favorite CoverGirls (14/08/2012)
- Remembering Helen Gurley Brown (14/08/2012)
- Watch Lady Gaga's Fame perfume commercial teaser (14/08/2012)
- Marchesa announce their first fragrance, Marchesa Parfume d'Extase (14/08/2012)
- Which One Of These Women Became A Huge Movie Star? (14/08/2012)
- You're Invited: Come Hang Out With Allure Beauty Editors at Saks Fifth Avenue! (13/08/2012)
- A Britney Spears Fantasy Twist commercial update (13/08/2012)
- We check out Balenciaga's Florabotanica perfume (13/08/2012)
- Does This Picture Destroy Your Self-Esteem? (13/08/2012)
- Sundresses For Those Of Us Who Aren't Preschoolers (13/08/2012)