Katy Perry does twenties glamour... and ying-yang nails
News related: katy perry
It's been a while since we saw any celebrities out sporting a nod to the twenties (what, like, two weeks? Ages.) after that initial outburst of purple lipstick, but Katy Perry brought it back with a vengeance at an event yesterday.
The singer bypassed the nod and instead went for a full make out, channelling the 1920's with her hair, make up, outfit and accessories. I thought it was a costume party at first, but it wasn't.
Katy's still working the gothic purple hair that she first debuted at Coachella, except she's gone for the chop and cut it into a shoulder length bob (I bet with all that dying her hair needed it). To give it the twenites feel Katy's hair was shingled in thick chunks, giving it a really chunky curl that brought it to her jaw. A jewelled headband was the cherry on the cake.
To carry the theme on, Katy went for full on make up: big, dramatic eyes created with lots of dark shadow and her own eyelashes from Eylure (I can tell) and dark, matte pink lips. Her nails were the only thing that didn't match - black and white ying-yang nail art. Very Nineties.
What do you think of Katy's throwback look?
- Lena Dunham Stands Up for Non-stick Thighs Everywhere (09/10/2012)
- Rihanna gets Nude for her new perfume (09/10/2012)
- Would You Get A Fish Pedicure? Mena Suvari Gets Her Toes Done At Topshop (08/10/2012)
- Katy Perry gets patriotic with Barack Obama nail art (08/10/2012)
- Is It Rude to Call Someone Full-Figured? (08/10/2012)
- Britney Spears stars in Fantasy Twist advert, looks awesome (08/10/2012)
- How to Use Body Language to Your Advantage (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried Makes Purple Lips Look Good And a "Beauty Broker" Profile Gets Ugly in Alluring Links (05/10/2012)
- Allure Man Conquers Gray Hair—Down There (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried's Dark Purple Lipstick: Is it a Do or Don't? (04/10/2012)
- Victoria Beckham hearts Anthropologie Royal Apothic Hand Cream (04/10/2012)
- 3 Glam Hairstyles on Nina Dobrev (Which One is Your Fave?) (04/10/2012)
- Are You a Pathological Groomer? (04/10/2012)
- Kristin Cavallari Reveals Her Post-Baby Beauty Secrets (03/10/2012)
- Ke$ha's Back! Let's Get Dirty. (03/10/2012)
- Shirley Manson has a MAC Account Card. Free MAC. We are so jealous. (13/06/2012)
- Cheryl Cole's Summertime Ball makeup: get the look (13/06/2012)
- Kate Middleton hair update: plaits for Emily McCorquodale's wedding (13/06/2012)
- ENCOUNTER Alexander SkarsgÃ¥rd as the face of Calvin Klein (13/06/2012)
- The Kardashians are launching a make up collection now too, the end is nigh (13/06/2012)
- Jessica Chastain is the face of YSL's Manifesto perfume (13/06/2012)
- Millie Mackintosh kicks off St.Tropez's Spraycation tour (13/06/2012)
- Karl Lagerfeld teams up with Shu Uemura (13/06/2012)
- La Mer and Oceana Celebrate World Ocean Day (13/06/2012)
- Ryan Gosling Manicures Are Up and Nose Jobs Are Down in Alluring Links (13/06/2012)
- Why Do We Attack Women's Looks? (13/06/2012)
- Batter Up: Smelling Jasmine Improved Major League Players' Hitting (13/06/2012)
- Cosmetics Might Be the Clue to Amelia Earhart's Death (13/06/2012)
- Kristen Stewart Goes Punk-Rock Equestrian and Mark Wahlberg Gets a Semi-Public Spray Tan in Alluring Links (13/06/2012)
- The Allure Beauty Blogger Awards: Meet Our Winner! (13/06/2012)