Katy Perry goes back to black for ghd
News related: Katy Perry
Katy Perry has gone through what seems like a million different hair colours after the past few years, but ghd have just released some brand new promo shots where she's back to her classic black.
The shots are very different from others we've seen, by Ellen von Unwerth showing a much more serious and sophisticated side of the singer, departing from the fantasy (my favourite is Katy Perry as a mermaid) and era themed settings (Katy Perry as a twenties flapper) that David LaChappelle created and going for a striking black and white style instead.
Of course, it's Katy, so it might be a more refined campaign, but there's still some of the outrageous Katy Perry energy in there. Like swinging from a chandelier.
Katy is enjoying her new more serious shots too. "It was fun to go a more natural route after playing characters in my last ghd campaign," she said. "Ellen von Unwerth captured both the playful and chic looks amazingly well." As for the hair, it shows a sophisticated sleek look, with her beautiful glossy hair sleek and straight but full of movement - definite work of the ghd air.
"Our new campaign brings the ghd brand promise of a 'good hair day, every day' to life," said Paul Stoneham, Chief Executive Officer of ghd. "Katy, and Ellen have created something really special in these images, capturing the essence of ghd today."
Like them? Or rather like her hair? Then shop ghd here!
Tags: black hair, ghd, images, Katy Perry, pictures, promo shots
- Lena Dunham Stands Up for Non-stick Thighs Everywhere (09/10/2012)
- Rihanna gets Nude for her new perfume (09/10/2012)
- Would You Get A Fish Pedicure? Mena Suvari Gets Her Toes Done At Topshop (08/10/2012)
- Katy Perry gets patriotic with Barack Obama nail art (08/10/2012)
- Is It Rude to Call Someone Full-Figured? (08/10/2012)
- Britney Spears stars in Fantasy Twist advert, looks awesome (08/10/2012)
- How to Use Body Language to Your Advantage (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried Makes Purple Lips Look Good And a "Beauty Broker" Profile Gets Ugly in Alluring Links (05/10/2012)
- Allure Man Conquers Gray Hair—Down There (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried's Dark Purple Lipstick: Is it a Do or Don't? (04/10/2012)
- Victoria Beckham hearts Anthropologie Royal Apothic Hand Cream (04/10/2012)
- 3 Glam Hairstyles on Nina Dobrev (Which One is Your Fave?) (04/10/2012)
- Are You a Pathological Groomer? (04/10/2012)
- Kristin Cavallari Reveals Her Post-Baby Beauty Secrets (03/10/2012)
- Ke$ha's Back! Let's Get Dirty. (03/10/2012)
- Guess What She Looks Like Now? (08/08/2012)
- 6 Dos & Don'ts of At-Home Waxing, Courtesy of ROHNY Alum Cindy Barshop (Plus, Peep Her New Affordable Product Line) (08/08/2012)
- Why We Love Madewell's New Model (08/08/2012)
- A Living Style Icon Speaks: 'I Was Just A Swimmer, Like Michael Phelps' (08/08/2012)
- Back to School Beauty Supplies (08/08/2012)
- I'm 23 and I've Had Botox—Twice (08/08/2012)
- Rihanna gets dropped by Nivea for being 'too sexy' (08/08/2012)
- Gwen Stefani reveals the moment her iconic red lip was born (08/08/2012)
- Remembering Fashion Icon and Woman of Many Hats, Anna Piaggi (07/08/2012)
- How Do You Come by a Signature Look? (07/08/2012)
- View From the Beauty Closet: Swimming Pool in a Can (07/08/2012)
- Why JC Chasez's Boy Band Image Should Go 'Bye Bye Bye' (07/08/2012)
- QUIZ: Who Was Anna Wintour's Assistant? & More (07/08/2012)
- Pink is Covergirls new covergirl! (07/08/2012)
- Pink Is the New Face of CoverGirl (07/08/2012)