Makeup Trick to Try: Mix Oil With Your Foundation For a Flawless Finish
News related: foundation
With the popularity of cosmeceuticals makeup formulated with beneficial skincare ingredients steady on the rise, it's only right that a DIY-girl such as myself learn how to mix my own. While backstage at the Vanessa Bruno show in Paris, Diane Kendal (Sunday Riley makeup artist behind the fall 2012 looks at Victoria Beckham and Maiyet as well), gave me my very first lesson.
For a seamless, second-skin like look, make your cover-up look much more natural by mixing one drop of moisturizing oil with three drops of your favorite liquid foundation. "It really gives a nice texture to the skin, and it really soaks it in," said Kendal. "I use the ring and middle finger to massage it in, making small circles."
My skin type is usually normal, but in the winter it tends to be drier, so this tip is right up my alley right now my face needs all the moisture it can get. "But if you've got oily skin, it's not really a great idea for you," Kendal warned.
I've been testing her technique for a few days now, and my foundation looks glowy and dewy (not shiny at all). Bonus: My skin doesn't seem to be suffering at all, as I haven't experienced any new pimples. (Currently doing the Dougie.) Here, a few of my favorite face oils:
Bobbi Brown Extra Face Oil, | Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil, | Juno Transformative Lipid Serum, 5.
Are you afraid to use oil on your face? Will you be mixing a drop of oil in with your foundation moving forward?
Tags: Diane Kendal, face oil, foundation, liquid foundation
- Lena Dunham Stands Up for Non-stick Thighs Everywhere (09/10/2012)
- Rihanna gets Nude for her new perfume (09/10/2012)
- Would You Get A Fish Pedicure? Mena Suvari Gets Her Toes Done At Topshop (08/10/2012)
- Katy Perry gets patriotic with Barack Obama nail art (08/10/2012)
- Is It Rude to Call Someone Full-Figured? (08/10/2012)
- Britney Spears stars in Fantasy Twist advert, looks awesome (08/10/2012)
- How to Use Body Language to Your Advantage (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried Makes Purple Lips Look Good And a "Beauty Broker" Profile Gets Ugly in Alluring Links (05/10/2012)
- Allure Man Conquers Gray Hair—Down There (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried's Dark Purple Lipstick: Is it a Do or Don't? (04/10/2012)
- Victoria Beckham hearts Anthropologie Royal Apothic Hand Cream (04/10/2012)
- 3 Glam Hairstyles on Nina Dobrev (Which One is Your Fave?) (04/10/2012)
- Are You a Pathological Groomer? (04/10/2012)
- Kristin Cavallari Reveals Her Post-Baby Beauty Secrets (03/10/2012)
- Ke$ha's Back! Let's Get Dirty. (03/10/2012)
- How to Get Major Glamazon Curls Like Gwen Stefani and Rihanna (18/05/2012)
- Burberry Expands Their Foundation Range For Women of Color (18/05/2012)
- Want to Be My New Best Friend? Vote For Us in the Webby Awards! We've Been Nominated!!! (18/05/2012)
- Beauty Trick: Here's How to Kick Cellulite to The Curb (18/05/2012)
- 5 Fun Hunger-Games-Inspired Beauty Products Found on Etsy (18/05/2012)
- Forget Your Boobs—Apparently, It's All About Chins Right Now (18/05/2012)
- 5 Items to Always Have in Your Carry-On—A Lesson Learned The Hard Way (18/05/2012)
- The Time Has Come For Me To Say Farewell (But Here's Why You Won't Miss Me TOO Much) (18/05/2012)
- Would You Wear A Red Wedding Dress? (18/05/2012)
- Kim Kardashian For Mayor?! (18/05/2012)
- Holmes and Hilfiger Want To Save Africa (18/05/2012)
- 10 Luxe Gifts For Mother's Day (18/05/2012)
- Justin Timberlake To Start HomeMint (18/05/2012)
- The Best Celeb Looks From Coachella (18/05/2012)
- 5 Spot Zappers (18/05/2012)