Medicine Cabinet Confidential: Spray-on Hair Sparkle For Grown-Ups, Marilyn Monroe Skincare, Japanese Blotting Papers, and More!
News related: Marilyn Monroe
Today, straight from the editor's desk, here are five products I'm totally obsessed with right now, while stuck in the deepest depths of a cold New York winter. This week I'm checking out a glossy hairspray (perfect for holiday parties and new year's eve!) and some serious skincare products I'm reverting to using one of my favorite facial cleansers this month, trying out a new at-home Glycolic Acid treatment, battling blackheads with a warming face mask, and prettifying my purse with these beautiful Japanese facial blotting papers.
My holiday pick this week is Alterna's Caviar Glitterati Sparkling Champagne Spray, the perfect, delicately scented, finishing touch to your holiday and new year's look. It's a shimmery fine-glitter gold spritz for your hair that infuses its light hold with a subtle (but seriously mesmerizing) sparkle. Looks great in candlelight and photos too!
When I was in college, I went through a really sensitive/inflamed/red/irritated/dry-but-broken-out skin phase and started using Erno Laszlo products for the bulk of my skincare needs. They helped a lot. Now that I'm getting into the worrying-about-anti-aging age range, I'm going to start using some of my favorite products from Erno Laszlo again specifically the pHormula No. 3-9 (which Marilyn Monroe used), 5, and the Sea Mud Soap, .
The pHormula No. 3-9 moisturizing treatment contains Marine Collagen Extract to help bolster skin firmness, essential fatty acids to heal skin, and Tamanu Oil, which helps reduce scarring and helps heal burns. The Sea Mud Soap which is, second only to Erno Laszlo's eye cream, my number-one favorite Laszlo product comes with explicit instructions on how to wash your face. It's pretty involved, and if you aren't already familiar with the legendary Laszlo cleansing ritual as practiced by Audrey Hepburn, Jacqueline Kennedy, Greta Garbo, and Ava Gardner well, then check it out here.
If you suffer from oily skin and mid-day shine I do, on my T-zone always blotting papers are probably one of your favorite tote-able beauty products. What are some of your favorite brands? My sister loves Clean & Clear's Oil Absorbing Sheets.
For something a little fancier, check out these gorgeous Tatcha Japanese Beauty Papers available in chic clutch-size charcoal version, , and classic, . The sheets are hand-made in Japan, oil-absorbing, and made from 100% abaca leaf and gold flake (for the obligatory pretty sparkle). For sensitive skin folks, note that these sheets are fragrance-free, powder-free, all-natural, biodegradable and oil-free.
When a good friend of mine told me how obsessed she is with the Somme Institute's Boost warming mask, , I knew I had to try it I get these gross teeny-tiny blackheads during the winter that I'm dying to get rid of, but don't have time (or the money) to get a bunch of facials all the time. Boost is a gentle warming mask that not only purifies the skin, but also nourishes it. Its ingredients include pumpkin enzymes, vitamins and minerals and can be used one to three times a week on most types of skin including acne-prone and rosacea-prone faces. How do you get rid of your tiny blackheads? Please share your tips in the comments! I'm dying to know.
In addition to my job, my other hobbies include: eating spaghetti, reading things, and putting things on my face on the weekends especially at-home glycolic peel-type things (like I said, I'm in that age range). Right now I'm obsessed with Cane + Austin's Retexturizing Pads, the company also makes Acne Treatment Pads, , that tons of beauty pros I know swear by. The Retexturizing Pads have 10% Glycolic Acid, vitamins A, C, E, CoQ10, and anti-oxidants that protect skin. They're so gentle that you could use them twice a day every day if you like! And they're a great product for anyone who suffers from sun damage and hyper-pigmentation.
What are some of your favorite winter skincare products? Tell us in the comments! I'm always interested to hear what works for you. Happy holidays!
- Lena Dunham Stands Up for Non-stick Thighs Everywhere (09/10/2012)
- Rihanna gets Nude for her new perfume (09/10/2012)
- Would You Get A Fish Pedicure? Mena Suvari Gets Her Toes Done At Topshop (08/10/2012)
- Katy Perry gets patriotic with Barack Obama nail art (08/10/2012)
- Is It Rude to Call Someone Full-Figured? (08/10/2012)
- Britney Spears stars in Fantasy Twist advert, looks awesome (08/10/2012)
- How to Use Body Language to Your Advantage (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried Makes Purple Lips Look Good And a "Beauty Broker" Profile Gets Ugly in Alluring Links (05/10/2012)
- Allure Man Conquers Gray Hair—Down There (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried's Dark Purple Lipstick: Is it a Do or Don't? (04/10/2012)
- Victoria Beckham hearts Anthropologie Royal Apothic Hand Cream (04/10/2012)
- 3 Glam Hairstyles on Nina Dobrev (Which One is Your Fave?) (04/10/2012)
- Are You a Pathological Groomer? (04/10/2012)
- Kristin Cavallari Reveals Her Post-Baby Beauty Secrets (03/10/2012)
- Ke$ha's Back! Let's Get Dirty. (03/10/2012)
- How To Wrap Your Christmas Gifts The French Way, Courtesy Of L'Occitane (08/05/2012)
- The 5 Most-Watched YouTube Beauty Videos of 2011 (08/05/2012)
- Parisian Macaron-Lovers' Paradise Laduree to Launch a Color Cosmetics Collection (08/05/2012)
- Behold Heidi Klum at a Photo Op Without Makeup On. How Is This Fair? (08/05/2012)
- Sneak Peek: The Iris Apfel For MAC Collection Arrives January 5th (08/05/2012)
- Poll: Have You Ever Whitened Your Teeth? (08/05/2012)
- You Won't See A More Perfect Hair and Makeup Look Today Than This One Right Here (08/05/2012)
- UNVEILED: The Hunger Games Nail Polish Colors, "Colors From the Capitol" (08/05/2012)
- Pantone And Sephora To Make Beautiful Orange Makeup Together In 2012: Will You Wear It? (08/05/2012)
- 7 Absolutely Amazing, Un-Lame Beauty Gifts Under , Picked By Your Friendly Neighborhood Beauty Blogger Beth Shapouri (08/05/2012)
- Check Out Barbie's Wild New Hairdos, Thanks to London Salon Bleach (08/05/2012)
- WWD Names The Top 8 Beauty Products of 2011 (08/05/2012)
- Ha! Watch Sesame Street's Grover Do His Version of the Old Spice Commercials! (08/05/2012)
- Finish This Sentence: The Beauty Product or Service I'm Hoping to GET This Year as a Gift Is... (08/05/2012)
- Dior to Use Ultra-Pure Pollution-Free Icelandic Glacial Water in its Products, What Kind of Water is in Your Skincare? (08/05/2012)