Poll: What's Really Holding You Back From Seeing a Dermatologist?
News related: dermatologist
Certain questions come up a lot in our email inbox (i.e. Will anything really make my hair grow faster? Are gel manis worth it? How do I get my makeup to stay?), but I'm always surprised by the amount of skin questions I have to answer with "Oh, hm, you should really see your dermatologist about that..." And it worries me because I'm betting way more than half the people I've said that to in my life never actually did get around to seeing their doc. It all makes me wonder, what's holding you guys back?
I'm not talking about wondering what moisturizer is the best or how get makeup to stay on oily skin or how to get a dewy look that stuff I expect to get questions about and I answer them all the time happily! No, I'm talking more about the questions about your own personal skin health. I mean, your skin is an organ and an important part of your body, so if there's something going on, why wouldn't you get a medical opinion on it the way you would if, say, you were having a problem with your heart or your stomach or your woman parts? If you've got a rash or you're suddenly breaking out or you have scaly patches these all could be nothing, sure, but isn't it just better to get a doctor to sound off on it? That's what they're there for!
The thing is, I know you guys are reasonable so I figure there has to be something that holds you back from thinking "derm" when a skin problem pops up. Hey, you've probably had little things pop up on your skin from time to time, and you figure they usually just go away. Maybe you just can't find a derm you like. Maybe it seems like an indulgence.
Let's find out with a poll. What's your top reason for not going to a derm when you've got a skin question? Vote!
What's the top reason you're not seeing your derm?
And feel free to sound off in the comments. Then check out The Commandments of Good Skin and 10 Miracle-Working Skin-Care Tricks. Your dermatologist will be so proud!
Tags: acne, dermatologist, dermatologists, oily skin, rashes, skin, skincare
- Don't Like Your Upper Arms? There's Now a Cream For That—And It's Selling out in the UK (09/10/2012)
- Little Mix team up with Clean & Clear (04/10/2012)
- How Many Of You Are Totally On Top Of This Skincare Trend And Didn't Even Know It? (03/10/2012)
- Kristen Stewart dishes on her skin care regime (28/09/2012)
- Philosophy's 2012 Christmas offerings (28/09/2012)
- Your Fall Skincare Guide (21/09/2012)
- How To Cure Your Puffy, Allergy-Besieged Face (20/09/2012)
- What to Do When You See Your First Wrinkle (First Step: Calm Down) (20/09/2012)
- How To Look More Wide-Awake Tomorrow Morning (05/09/2012)
- Keep Your Décolletage Wrinkle-Free... With This? (05/09/2012)
- How to Make Every Kind of Zit Disappear (29/08/2012)
- Will Sipping A Straw Make You Look Older? (28/08/2012)
- The Best Beauty Products You've Probably Never Heard Of (24/08/2012)
- Are You Walking Around With Dead Skin? (24/08/2012)
- The Best (And Cheapest) Thing You Can Do For Your Skin (24/08/2012)
- Confession: I Suffer From Celebrity Skin Envy. Do You? (31/05/2012)
- Could This Sling Actually Replace The 00 Facelift? (30/05/2012)
- Editors' Summer Favorites (29/05/2012)
- Celebrate the Jubilee with a free Royal Hand Treatment at Clarins (29/05/2012)
- The Weekly Gloss-Over: All About Winners (25/05/2012)
- Happy "Don't Fry Friday"! (25/05/2012)
- Quick Beauty Moves That'll Make You Feel More Confident in a Bikini (Or Just Plain Naked!) This Weekend (25/05/2012)
- What to Expect When You're Getting a Skin-Cancer Screening (24/05/2012)
- Got Bangs? 3 Ways to Avoid Unwanted Forehead Acne (24/05/2012)
- The Surprisingly Easy Way to Banish Dry Spots on the Spot (24/05/2012)
- Want Perfect Skin This Summer? Make Sure You're Doing These 3 Things (24/05/2012)
- Victoria Beckham's sheep placenta facial (sounds disgusting) (24/05/2012)
- The SPF Level You Should Actually Be Wearing (22/05/2012)
- Best Summer Beauty Bargin Buys (18/05/2012)
- Win It! Best Beauty Products Of The Year (18/05/2012)