Special Holiday Skin Care Tips
News related: special holiday skin care
First of all, we should be aware of the fact that everything comes from the inside. Therefore, an unhealthy body usually shows a dull skin with numerous problems. In order to change this, you should start all the special holiday skin care process in time with a detox period that will help you eliminate all toxins. One smart thing to do this is to drink, in the morning, on an empty stomach, a glass of lukewarm water with some lemon juice. The diuretic effect combined with the antioxidant effect of the vitamin C highly contributes to the elimination of toxins. Holiday skin care also requires maximum attention and moisturizing from head-to-toe.
Diet is an essential element when it comes to skin care in general. A balanced diet and drinking a lot of water can have amazing effects upon your skin. Among all drinks, water is the best. You can drink unlimited quantities as long as you don't have medical restrictions. Calorie-free, water hydrates the body without the risk of gaining weight. You can also drink herbal tea, without adding sugar. A balanced diet is also crucial as saturated fats and refined sugars imply important metabolic changes, especially at liver and intestines level. These molecules produce numerous free radicals that are responsible, among others, of the dull aspect of the skin.
In this context, one great thing you can do is to bring equilibrium to your intestinal flora. This represents an extremely effective barrier against pathogenic and different opportunistic microorganisms. By reestablishing the normal function of the intestinal flora, toxins are no longer accumulated, while bloating becomes history. You can establish the equilibrium of the flora by having brewer's yeast (capsules), or yogurts containing bifidus. Even if at the beginning you'll feel bloated, after a couple of days everything will come to normal.
Besides all the steps you should follow in order to reestablish the balance of your inner state and body, you also have to pay a lot of attention to your skin care ritual. During cold winter days, the skin needs special attention. If in the summer you probably skip the moisturizing part, in the winter this is absolutely necessary. Cleanse every morning and evening and apply a soft moisturizer based on your skin type. Cleansing is crucial and should be made even if you are very tired.
Our skin acts as the perfect barrier and is constantly affected by aggressive external factors, such as pollution or cold. This is why it's more than important to make a scrub and exfoliate it two times a week in order to remove dead cells that clog pores and asphyxiate the skin. The result will be a luminous look. During winter use a milder exfoliator. You also have to consider applying masks based on your skin type and needs.
Credit: Thinkstock Photos
- Don't Like Your Upper Arms? There's Now a Cream For That—And It's Selling out in the UK (09/10/2012)
- Little Mix team up with Clean & Clear (04/10/2012)
- How Many Of You Are Totally On Top Of This Skincare Trend And Didn't Even Know It? (03/10/2012)
- Kristen Stewart dishes on her skin care regime (28/09/2012)
- Philosophy's 2012 Christmas offerings (28/09/2012)
- Your Fall Skincare Guide (21/09/2012)
- How To Cure Your Puffy, Allergy-Besieged Face (20/09/2012)
- What to Do When You See Your First Wrinkle (First Step: Calm Down) (20/09/2012)
- How To Look More Wide-Awake Tomorrow Morning (05/09/2012)
- Keep Your Décolletage Wrinkle-Free... With This? (05/09/2012)
- How to Make Every Kind of Zit Disappear (29/08/2012)
- Will Sipping A Straw Make You Look Older? (28/08/2012)
- The Best Beauty Products You've Probably Never Heard Of (24/08/2012)
- Are You Walking Around With Dead Skin? (24/08/2012)
- The Best (And Cheapest) Thing You Can Do For Your Skin (24/08/2012)
- Beauty Products You Don't Really Need (21/04/2012)
- Decoding Beauty Product Labels (21/04/2012)
- 5 Reasons to Stop Tanning (21/04/2012)
- Eye Cleansing Tips (21/04/2012)
- How to Tell Your Skin Type (21/04/2012)
- How to Soothe Skin Irritations Naturally (21/04/2012)
- Winter Skin Care Tips (21/04/2012)
- Natural Remedies for Under Eye Dark Circles (21/04/2012)
- 8 Skin Care Myths (21/04/2012)
- Steps for a Radiant Skin (21/04/2012)
- Top Sun Protection Mistakes (21/04/2012)
- Secret Everyday Skin Agers (21/04/2012)
- Wise Sun Tanning Tips (21/04/2012)
- Get Clean Skin with Skin Detox (21/04/2012)
- Beach Skin Care Essentials (21/04/2012)