The Product That Is Keeping My Skin From Being a Big Ol' Shiny Mess This Summer
News related: skin
I have oily skin on a good day, but this summer has been particularly bad between the high temperatures and the extra-high humidity in New York right now, it's-all-oil-all-the-time over here. So I called in some industrial-strength reinforcements well, really, one. And it's been keeping me from becoming so shiny moths flock to my face. It's...
OC Eight Acne Mattifying Gel.
Now, derms have been telling me for years about OC Eight's mattifying powers. I just hadn't gotten around to trying it. But my skin was such a pimply, oily disaster that I started hunting around for something to keep me looking human this summer. And when I saw they made an acne products, I threw down my credit card immediately. Amazon's one-click ordering is a dangerous thing.
Now, if you don't have oily skin, you have no need for this at all it's not a moisturizer and there's no SPF in it. All it does is keep shine anyway while helping combat the pimples that often come with oiliness. But for someone like me, it's a lifesaver. It's the only thing that ensures I still have makeup on at the end of the day.
If this sounds like your product soulmate, you can click here to pick up a tube. It's not cheap, but I figure but I only plan on using it for the summer, so no big deal.
Anyone else been using this product? Have another you love? Discuss!
Related: And The Derm Says: This Is Exactly How You Should Be Washing Your Face
- Don't Like Your Upper Arms? There's Now a Cream For That—And It's Selling out in the UK (09/10/2012)
- Little Mix team up with Clean & Clear (04/10/2012)
- How Many Of You Are Totally On Top Of This Skincare Trend And Didn't Even Know It? (03/10/2012)
- Kristen Stewart dishes on her skin care regime (28/09/2012)
- Philosophy's 2012 Christmas offerings (28/09/2012)
- Your Fall Skincare Guide (21/09/2012)
- How To Cure Your Puffy, Allergy-Besieged Face (20/09/2012)
- What to Do When You See Your First Wrinkle (First Step: Calm Down) (20/09/2012)
- How To Look More Wide-Awake Tomorrow Morning (05/09/2012)
- Keep Your Décolletage Wrinkle-Free... With This? (05/09/2012)
- How to Make Every Kind of Zit Disappear (29/08/2012)
- Will Sipping A Straw Make You Look Older? (28/08/2012)
- The Best Beauty Products You've Probably Never Heard Of (24/08/2012)
- Are You Walking Around With Dead Skin? (24/08/2012)
- The Best (And Cheapest) Thing You Can Do For Your Skin (24/08/2012)
- A Fast, Affordable Way To Fight Acne (18/07/2012)
- Spare Your Feet From The 'Summer Spread' (13/07/2012)
- Could Chocolate Replace Sunscreen? (13/07/2012)
- My Routine: Associate Editor, Megan Segura (13/07/2012)
- The Summer Of The Mosquito (And What To Do About It) (11/07/2012)
- Is It Possible To Shrink Pores? A Top Derm Clears It Up For Us (11/07/2012)
- Been Out In The Sun Too Long? Read This (11/07/2012)
- Why This 24-Year-Old Gets Botox Injections And Lip Filler (11/07/2012)
- Everything You Needed To Know About Coconut Oil But Were Afraid To Ask (11/07/2012)
- Get A Tan With... Wipes? (11/07/2012)
- How We're Fighting Oily, Shiny Skin This Summer (11/07/2012)
- 5 Dangers Awaiting You At The Nail Salon (11/07/2012)
- Try It: Lumene Beauty Drops For Silky Smooth Skin (11/07/2012)
- And The Derm Says: This Is Exactly How You Should Be Washing Your Face (10/07/2012)
- Nina Dobrev SPF Rap Encourages Sun Protection (07/07/2012)