Three Ways To Break Out of a Blush Rut
I tend to apply blush one particular way: Hastily, as I'm running out the door.
So I reached out to Linda Hay--she's Victoria's Secret's makeup artist--to help fix my slapdash, aimless ways.
Her three techniques create significantly prettier effects than what I've been doing, and take the same amount of time--nearly none.
Sporty. Gisele's favorite method, according to Hay: "Sweep a tawny or peachy blush across the flat part of your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, and even on the hairline and temples," she says.
Romantic. "Blend a creamy pink or rose blush with some luminsence directly onto the apples of the cheeks." Little wonder why perpetual ingenues Keira Knightley and Kirsten Dunst like this look, says Hay.
Sculpted. If you weren't born with Kate Moss cheekbones, just fake it. Tap an angled blush brush into bronzer, and "scoop" it under the apples of your cheeks, creating a contour. "Then sweep a tiny spot of blush onto the apples of cheeks," and finish with a hit of highlighter on the outermost part of the cheekbone. "J. Lo and Eva Longoria have perfected this technique," says Hay.
And after a few tries, so did I.
- Lena Dunham Stands Up for Non-stick Thighs Everywhere (09/10/2012)
- Rihanna gets Nude for her new perfume (09/10/2012)
- Would You Get A Fish Pedicure? Mena Suvari Gets Her Toes Done At Topshop (08/10/2012)
- Katy Perry gets patriotic with Barack Obama nail art (08/10/2012)
- Is It Rude to Call Someone Full-Figured? (08/10/2012)
- Britney Spears stars in Fantasy Twist advert, looks awesome (08/10/2012)
- How to Use Body Language to Your Advantage (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried Makes Purple Lips Look Good And a "Beauty Broker" Profile Gets Ugly in Alluring Links (05/10/2012)
- Allure Man Conquers Gray Hair—Down There (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried's Dark Purple Lipstick: Is it a Do or Don't? (04/10/2012)
- Victoria Beckham hearts Anthropologie Royal Apothic Hand Cream (04/10/2012)
- 3 Glam Hairstyles on Nina Dobrev (Which One is Your Fave?) (04/10/2012)
- Are You a Pathological Groomer? (04/10/2012)
- Kristin Cavallari Reveals Her Post-Baby Beauty Secrets (03/10/2012)
- Ke$ha's Back! Let's Get Dirty. (03/10/2012)
- Back-to-School Beauty: My Checklist (28/04/2012)
- Hey, Angie! Here's Five Legal Ways To Chillax (28/04/2012)
- The Best Self-Tanners (28/04/2012)
- Detox Foot Pads (28/04/2012)
- Beauty Fixes on the Cheap (28/04/2012)
- Linda Mason's Eye Candy: Inspiration Overload (28/04/2012)
- Save Your Lips From the Sun (28/04/2012)
- Five Great Products for Putting a Spring in Your Step (28/04/2012)
- Grade-A Papers: Boscia Rose Blotting Linens (28/04/2012)
- Alluring Links: Bollywood Beauty Tips and The Hidden Cost of Tanning Addiction (28/04/2012)
- Why Do You Post Photos on Facebook? (28/04/2012)
- Alluring Links: Should Beauty Procedures Have Their Own Age of Consent? (28/04/2012)
- Alluring Links: Rihanna is Our Hair Color Inspiration and Keira Knightley's a Tease (28/04/2012)
- Would You Take Beauty Tips From Al-Qaeda? (28/04/2012)
- Who's Your Beauty Ideal? (27/04/2012)