Would You Shave A Year Off Your Life If It Meant You Could Have A Perfect Body?
According to a recent survey done by the University of the West of England and U.K. eating disorder charity The Succeed Foundation, 16 percent of women would take a year off their lifespan in exchange for having perfect body. Does that sound crazy to you? Or would you go for it, too?
When I first read these statistics, I thought Well, 16 percent isn't a lot. Then I started thinking that 16 percent of those women would rather not be alive for a year than deal with their cellulite or whatever it is they're self-conscious about. And I got really sad.
But maybe a year off your life in exchange for the perfect body seems totally reasonable to other people. So let's find out. Would you make this trade? Sound off below.
And speaking of big questions...
Quick! Would You Rather Be Single Or Married Right Now?
Download Glamour on your iPad!
Like freebies? Enter the latest Glamour sweepstakes!
Sign up for our fashion and beauty newsletters to get easy style tips (it'll make your inbox 10x sexier, we promise).
One more PS: Did you know you can now read glamour.com on your smart phone?! It’s the ultimate boredom buster.
Take Our Survey and You Could Win an iTunes Gift Card!
Hey Glamour fans, we need your advice. We want to know what’s important to you when it comes to Glamour and all things digital what do you like most? What do you want to see more of? How and where do you want to read all that fun stuff? Please TAKE OUR SURVEY. As a special thank-you for sharing, you will be entered to win one of 45 iTunes gift cards for taking the survey! See RULES for details.
Tags: body image, cellulite, poll, self esteem, self image, survey
- Lena Dunham Stands Up for Non-stick Thighs Everywhere (09/10/2012)
- Rihanna gets Nude for her new perfume (09/10/2012)
- Would You Get A Fish Pedicure? Mena Suvari Gets Her Toes Done At Topshop (08/10/2012)
- Katy Perry gets patriotic with Barack Obama nail art (08/10/2012)
- Is It Rude to Call Someone Full-Figured? (08/10/2012)
- Britney Spears stars in Fantasy Twist advert, looks awesome (08/10/2012)
- How to Use Body Language to Your Advantage (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried Makes Purple Lips Look Good And a "Beauty Broker" Profile Gets Ugly in Alluring Links (05/10/2012)
- Allure Man Conquers Gray Hair—Down There (05/10/2012)
- Amanda Seyfried's Dark Purple Lipstick: Is it a Do or Don't? (04/10/2012)
- Victoria Beckham hearts Anthropologie Royal Apothic Hand Cream (04/10/2012)
- 3 Glam Hairstyles on Nina Dobrev (Which One is Your Fave?) (04/10/2012)
- Are You a Pathological Groomer? (04/10/2012)
- Kristin Cavallari Reveals Her Post-Baby Beauty Secrets (03/10/2012)
- Ke$ha's Back! Let's Get Dirty. (03/10/2012)
- And The Award For Best Not-Trying-Too-Hard Hair Goes To (06/05/2012)
- OK, OK, So Rihanna Had Lipstick On Her Teeth At The Academy of Country Music Awards. But Can We All Agree That She Looked Amazing Anyway? (06/05/2012)
- Friday Post-off: Would You Go to a Male Massage Therapist? How About a Waxer? Gyno? (06/05/2012)
- Be Honest: Do You Judge When A Woman Has Gotten A Nose Or Boob Job? (06/05/2012)
- Spa Lover's Paradise: Tulum, Mexico (06/05/2012)
- Poll: Have You Ever Considered Getting Plastic Surgery? (Be Honest) (06/05/2012)
- What Beauty Trend Is Annoying The Heck Out Of You Right Now? (06/05/2012)
- In Memory Of Elizabeth Taylor, A Tribute To The Girl With The Violet Eyes (06/05/2012)
- Oh, My—You'll Never Guess What, Uh, "Toiletry" This Hotel Offers! (06/05/2012)
- Finish This Sentence: When It Comes To A Guy's Looks, I'm A Sucker For... (06/05/2012)
- Did You See The Beauty Mishap On "American Idol" Last Night?! (06/05/2012)
- 6 Beauty Products Women Can't Live Without (How Do We Know? Amazon Shared Its Stats!) (06/05/2012)
- Poll: Which Of These Beauty Trends Do You Hope Reappears (Or Disappears!) This Spring? (06/05/2012)
- Everyone's Talking About How Glowy Jennifer Aniston Is These Days. Do You Think It's the New Hair? (06/05/2012)
- Is It Just Me, Or Has The Tan Finally Gone Out Of Style? (06/05/2012)